Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ready, Set, GO!

This is it - Olivia's last day of summer before starting second grade. (WHAT?! Second grade?!) I took a moment to lament her growing up so fast this morning (but just a small one) and then we hurried to do our jobs and piano practicing so that we could go see Shrek in the dollar theatre this afternoon. (It was just "eh" but the kids seemed to like it and I had Caleb shoulder deep in the bucket of popcorn sitting next to me for my own entertainment. Seriously, there is nothing funnier than that dimpled little man grinning and bouncing along to the music with a mouthful of popcorn...) But I digress.
Dear Olivia - I love you and hope you
have a most excellent year!
I hope you will ignore the kid who
so helpfully pointed out
that your teacher is "a big meany."
I also hope that you don't mind being
in the 95% in height
and towering over one and all
(stand tall kid - one of these days
they'll catch up!)
And I hope that I'm not too
utterly embarassing to have around.
Because until you tell me not to
I will continue to be
the holiday-mom
or the spelling-mom
or the whatever-your-teacher-asks-me-to-be-mom
every single year.
(Just to catch a glimpse of that sweet face of yours!)
Love your Mom

1 comment:

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

I wish Janie's teacher would ask me to do something! If only I could be a fly on the wall and watch her. What an adorable post! Still need to get together with you guys! :)