Monday, June 28, 2010

Building a Book List

Suggestions please? I am in need of new books to read! So far this summer I've read The Count of Monte Cristo, all of the Harmony books, the Queen's Thief series and The Hunger Games (I am on a very LOOOONG waiting list for the second in that series...)
Cameron always says I read too fast and don't take the time to really enjoy a story, and maybe it's true, but I love to read late into the night when I can't sleep and when Caleb is napping, and it's just too easy to inhale it all up in a day or two, and then I never know what to read next. Anyway - I need new suggestions so I'm going to build a book list so that I'm prepared each time I finish a book, and will you please please please contribute to my list? Leave a comment with some of your favorites or any new discoveries you've made and I will be VERY appreciative!

7 comments:

Diane Owen said...

I have

Diane Owen said...

I have a bunch of good ones. I'll give you a stack next time I see you. I have the second hunger games too.

aubrey said...

Wish I could help but I am in a total reading shlump - very aggrivating - when you find something let me know, perhaps it will help me out!

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

One of my favs from last year was a cute, quick read called My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison. I'm reading These is my Words right now and liking it so far. Anxiously awaiting the third book in the hunger games series (August!:)-can't wait.) How'd you like the queen's thief series?? We need to get together and just talk books. Sounds like we have similar taste. Have you read Shannon Hale's books?

Unknown said...

I am a little ways into "eat, Pray, Love" and it is really good :) I am gonna check out your list too to get book ideas.

Stacy said...

check out one of my friends book blogs. She has lots of ideas on there! www.readingforrefuge.blogspot.com

Erica said...

Emily, are you on goodreads.com? That's where I get most of my ideas for new books to read. I will try to email you the info.
:)