Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Countdown

Even though Caleb hasn't taken a nap in church since he was about 5 months old (doesn't matter how tired he his - those little eyes just will not close unless he is in his crib or on a very long car ride), he's always been pretty good in church. Don't get me wrong, he is BUSY, but usually pretty content to play with a few toys, flip through some books, have a snack... you know the Sunday drill. Anywho - today he decided that church would be a great place to demonstrate his raptor scream. Fabulous. He has this amazingly loud and irritating screech that sounds somewhere in between the herd of raptors from Jurassic Park and incredibly worn out brakes being slammed down. At home when he wants something... there it goes. And I'm so afraid that he is going to be spoiled rotten because no one can handle that sound and almost immediately hands him whatever it is he wants just to put a stop to that horrible sound. Poor Cameron - I was up playing the organ (for the last time I might add - they finally released me today!) and all through sacrament meeting... The Screech. I was in Primary singing time for the next two hours and I guess he decided to keep it up through Sunday School as well. Pick him up - screeeeech. Put him down - screeeech. Give him a toy - screeeeeeeeech. Etc Etc Etc. Hence the countdown in the top right corner of the blog.

8 comments:

Susan said...

118 days?!! That's much much too long to wait! I hope the time goes by quickly. :)

Julie said...

You should start a prenursery in your ward for all the crawlers/walkers who can't handle sitting still in church. I hear you on the count down; it is so hard keeping them occupied and contained! It seems like you count down when you're pregnant for the kid to come out and then you count down again for them to be old enough to go to nursery at church. Ridiculous? Yes. But true.

Unknown said...

I totally understand honey! I am sure everyone in your ward understands. Mckay used to have one of those screams...Now he just says embarrassing stuff like, "I farted Mommy!" in the middle of sacrament meeting.

Diane Owen said...

This is totally the hardest time with kids 12-18 months at church. ugh!!! Congrats on finally getting released though! Woohoo! We should plan a musical number now that you could sing with me!

Jodi said...

Kristen has one of those raptor screams too, the kind that literally hurts your ears. She hasn't broken it out much at church but when she does I get concerned looks! We have less than 2 weeks till nursery! Now if I can just get her to enjoy it, it will be fantastic!
Good luck with Caleb, he sure is a cutie!

The Higgins Family said...

Jonathan did (does) the same screechy thing and I hate it. I'm still trying to figure out how to get him not to do that anymore...
Love the countdown! I was counting down to the blessed day when my crazy toddler was going to nursery... then, just two months before that blessed day, I was called as Nursery Leader. Yeah.
After several months, I can definitely see the Lord's hand in it all, but let's just say I won't be broken-hearted when it's time to move on to a different calling. ;)

Holly Sanders said...

ok, that is hilarious! It really does get to a point where you're like "why do i even bother coming to church?"

Erica said...

I hear ya girl. We should have a celebration party when our kiddos go to nursery in May!