Saturday, January 26, 2008

7 Little Known Facts

My friend Diane challenged me to post 7 little known facts about myself, but when I actually sat down to do it I had a hard time coming up with things my family and friends don't already know about me. So here's the best I could do. And if you already know them, then congratulations you know me well.

1. I have about ten completely filled handwritten journals in a trunk in my basement. I started keeping a journal when I was ten or so and just couldn't stop. It's a great way to vent, keep your sanity and gain perspective both during and after an experience. Anyway - I finally decided to do a blog journal this year to save space and I am loving it. Less hand cramping.

2. I am a list maker. Completely and utterly day planner dependent in the days of work, school, institute, a social life, etc. Now that I have less places to be (but trust me, not any less to do) I have changed over to a wipe board. Cameron laughs at me, but a night does not go by that I don't sit down and contemplate over my to-do list for the next day. And yes, I actually do check off the items as I do them the next day.

3. I would never, ever do this now that I have kids. But in the past I secretly craved a motorcycle. Yes, a motorcycle. I was camping in Zion once and saw a group of bikers riding through, and thought "what an amazing way to see the canyon!" There are a lot of really neat roadtrips out there that would be even more impressive on a motorcycle I think.

4. This isn't little known to my friends that go way back, but writing about my secret wish for a motorcycle reminded me that I have been skydiving. So to my newer friends that didn't know it, I guess I do have a streak of adventure in me.

5. I am completely obsessive about the sheets and blankets on my bed. They must be straight and tucked in at the bottom (evenly of course) at all times. It drives me nuts to feel like they're getting even a little bit tangled up around my legs, so in the middle of the night if I wake up and they're not straight and evenly tucked in... I am just crazy enough to roll out of the bed and remake it.

6. I have never tried tuna fish. I actually really like seafood (have even been brave and tried sushi), but something about the smell and look of tuna out of a can just... blaaahhh!!

7. I was 19 years old before I ever set foot on a beach and witnessed the ocean. Don't ask me how I visited England and went to California without experiencing the ocean, but somehow it happened.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I am SUCH a list maker too! I get way stressed if I don't have a list of everything I need to do. It is like taking them out of my brain and putting them on paper that calms me. Craig thinks I am crazy too :)

Stacy said...

Hey there was some stuff on there that I didn't know! Thanks for sharing!