Sunday, October 26, 2008

Overkill

We are officially partied out for the month (maybe even for the rest of the year...) So far this month we have had a party at Livvy's friend Layni's house, a "Spooky Lunch" at our house with some of Olivia's neighborhood friends, Cameron's family birthday party, Cameron's actual birthday celebration, a Halloween carnival at the elementary school, our little friend Beth's birthday party and a baby shower for my good friend Christie. Still to come is Cameron's birthday dinner with my family tonight, a ward trunk-or-treat, Olivia's kindergarten party, a field trip to Wheeler Farm and oh yeah - actually going trick-or-treating. I'm out of breath just thinking about all of the present buying/making, costume sewing, baby quilt cutting, cupcake/cookie/dessert baking, party planning craziness that has been going on. What happened to the good old days when you pulled your costume together out of the dress up box and the excitement of the holiday revolved completely around trick-or-treating and perhaps a parade at school?

4 comments:

banks said...

I hear you on the party thing. I was just going through my week, and I think we have a party everyday except Mon. and Tues.And we already had a lot of parties last week. You think it would end on Halloween, but the day after we are doing a Fall Festival at Brynn's school, and I am in the PTA so I doing a booth there. It is a little crazy. Brett just says it is a good thing I like parties. I hope you have fun "partying" this next week. Loves

Stacy said...

You make me tired just reading that! We are pretty low key this year.

Holly Sanders said...

i hear ya! And my mom is counting down the days until it's all over and we can take down the Halloween decorations--she's really had enough!

Peck Family said...

i want to party...