Monday, May 19, 2008

The Chickens

My grandparents have an AMAZING backyard and flower garden. It's one of my favorite places in all the earth and my little green-thumbed gardening girl Livvy loves it as well. Last night my mom was walking her all around the yard showing her the different flowers and telling her the names. She came tearing into the house a few minutes later ("Mom! Come outside with me!") and then pulled me up to the top tier of the yard where she pointed out a sweet little group of flowers and said "Look! It's the chickens and their mamas!" (Huh?) Come to find out the flowers are called "Hen and her chicks." Hee hee....

2 comments:

Trevlyn said...

That is super sweet! I love "Hen and Chicks", especially when they bloom!

Liora said...

How cute is that?!?! I have never heard of that flower. We will be in Utah in July and the 14-17 I will be there by myself babysitting while me parents go on their ward trek - sooo if you want to play I would love it?!?!

P.S. - I still haven't forgotten the pictures - sorry it has been so long!