Wednesday, April 16, 2008

New Favorite Recipe

Despite my sluggish start (I was a teenager before I ever scrambled an egg) I am now a huge fan of cooking. Am a huge Rachael Ray fun, love trying new things and collecting new recipes. I kind of went on hiatus while Cameron was working 12 hour shifts, but now that he's a nine to fiver and can eat with us again, I am back and forever in search of great and interesting new recipes! I found this oh so fabulous recipe in a Taste of Home magazine, tweaked it for my family, and tried it for dinner last night. It may seem like a strange combination of ingredients, but wow is it yummy! Give it a try and tell me what you think (and don't be like my unadventurous family and just eat the chicken out of the apples, try them together!)

Apple 'n' Onion Chicken
2 medium apples, cored and thinly sliced
1 medium onion thinly sliced
1 Tbsp butter
3 or 4 chicken breasts (I cut them into tender sized pieces)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
3/4 C shredded Swiss cheese
1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 C seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 tsp minced thyme
2 Tbsp apple juice
Saute the apple and onion slices in the butter until very tender. Transfer to a greased 9 x 13 pan. Place chicken pieces on top and spinkle with salt and pepper. Combine cheeses, bread crumbs and thyme; sprinkle over chicken. Drizzle with apple juice and bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Enjoy!! And let me know what you think!!

3 comments:

aubrey said...

This sounds so good! I'm glad you sent me the linkie to your family site! I cannot believe how much your daughter looks like you, oh my dear goodness! It has been fun perusing your site as well! I hope it's okay to add you to my links?

BensonFam said...

Absolutely! Fun to catch up with you!

Adam Jensen said...

I have made something similar but with pork chops, but I will have to try chicken! sounds good :)